Sunlight Group Energy Storage Systems is a world-leading technology company and provider of innovative industrial and off-road energy storage solutions, with 30+ years of experience. We specialize in the development and production of lead-acid and lithium-ion batteries and energy storage systems for industrial mobility, leisure mobility, and ESS applications. These products are manufactured and assembled in Sunlight’s state-of-the-art facilities in Greece, Italy, and the USA, and distributed to more than 115 countries. Our core priority is to provide a safe and inclusive workplace that fosters creativity and development. Driven by our commitment to inspire our people and unlock their potential, we have created an agile and innovative environment that promotes open communication and collaboration, while offering continuous learning and development opportunities to the 1,700+ people we employ across the organization.
Keen to further empower our team by onboarding more talent, we are looking for an experienced Production Manager to join our Production Department in Komotini Recycling Plant, Greece. The role is responsible for ensuring the smooth operation of the daily production process, the efficient equipment operation of the factory as well as the implementation and achievement of quantitative and qualitative targets with the best functional and efficient way.
Key activities and responsibilities of this role includes:
- Leads and monitors the production process; makes periodic checks and adjusts equipment or work practices according to standard operating procedures to optimize efficiency and maintain H,S&Environmental standards
- Oversees production output versus specifications and is responsible for the achievement of agreed production performance targets
- Monitors status of daily production requirements and oversees performance throughout the shifts.
- Identifies issues in the production process and provides recommendations for improvement according to best practices and company’s standards for the efficient and according to schedule production volumes
- Sets the production workflow to meet demands, specifications, and deadlines
- Reviews personnel performance according to KPI’s, identifies training needs and provides coaching and direction as needed
- Identifies recruitment needs, and ensures dissemination of know-how within the factory though training initiatives
- Supervises and motivates the team, focusing on creating a high performing culture
- Provides support for work relevant issues and recommends adjustments in job training to improve productivity and efficiency according to manufacturing principles.
- Monitors and analyzes production KPI’s, providing weekly and monthly reports to Plant management; recommends improvements and creates respective action plans in partnership with various teams (e.g. AQ, HR, QC etc.)
- Makes suggestions and cooperate with other depts to the Cost Reduction initiatives for continues improvement.
- Monitors the safe usage of equipment, safeguard that all employees follow the H&S procedures as required and makes recommendation to H&S team for improvement if needed.
- Monitors the efficient operation of equipment and practices to ensure the full Environmental compliance and provides recommendation for improvement of Environmental protection.
- Provides support for work relevant issues and recommends adjustments in job training to improve productivity and efficiency
- +10 years of working experience in Production and at least +3 in Managerial position in industrial/ manufacturing environment
- BSc in Engineering (Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical) - MSc is a must
- Excellent MS Office knowledge; SAP use will be highly appreciated
- Fluency in English & Greek
- Very good knowledge of health and safety regulations
- Strong people management skills, self-motivation and teamwork mentality
- Demonstration of analytical and organizational skills
- Strong multi-tasking, decision-making and problem-solving skills
What we offer you
To start with, we give you the opportunity to thrive in a restless team and grow your potential in an innovative environment. As per your compensation and rewards package, this is a preview:
- A competitive salary based on experience and topped up with other bonuses.
- Company healthcare plan
- Continuous learning opportunities. Allocated training budget that can be spent on books, online courses, or other training materials.
- Established framework for career development
- International mobility opportunities