Sunlight Technosystems is a Sunlight Group company, based in Kilkis, northern Greece. The company specializes in the design and manufacturing of molds, machined parts and plastic components, as well as the production of metal cases (trays) for energy storage, suitable for industrial applications.
Following the recent acquisition of the Netelco S.A. business unit in Xanthi, northern Greece, that involves the production and sales of metal cases, Sunlight Technosystems further enhanced its production capacity.
An established and growing company with years of experience, Sunlight Technosystems uses innovative manufacturing methods and continuously invests in both high-tech applications and specialized personnel.
Driven by our commitment to inspire our people and unlock their potential, we have created an agile and innovative environment that promotes open communication and collaboration, while offering continuous learning and development opportunities to more than 130 people we employ at Sunlight Technosystems.
Keen to further empower our team by onboarding more talent, we are currently looking for an experienced Financial Controller to join our team in Pedino, Kilkis. The role will be responsible for monitoring the financial performance, preparing timely financial reports, assisting in compliance audits and monitoring internal controls to ensure the efficiency of the company.
Key activities and responsibilities of this role include:
- Manage all finance operations
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget, financial forecasts and report variances
- Ensure the proper and complete implementation of the Group accounting and controlling policies
- Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Additional controller duties as necessary
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting & Finance or similar field, Master is a plus
- Minimum 5 years of related experience as Financial Controller, preferably 2+ years in an audit firm
- Thorough knowledge of accounting and costing principles and procedures
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year, close process
- Knowledge of SAP
- Excellent management and communication skills, self-motivated and ability to work independently
- Strong multi-tasking, decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Excellent MS Office knowledge
- Fluency in English & Greek
- CPA or CMA preferred
What we offer you
(To start with, we give you the opportunity to thrive in a restless team and grow your potential in an innovative environment. As per your compensation and rewards package, this is a preview):
- A competitive salary based on experience and topped up with other bonuses
- Company healthcare plan
- Continuous learning opportunities. Allocated training budget that can be spent on books, online courses or other training materials
- Established framework for career development
- International mobility opportunities