Sunlight Group Energy Storage Systems is a world-leading technology company and provider of innovative industrial and off-road energy storage solutions, with 30+ years of experience. We specialize in the development and production of lead-acid and lithium-ion batteries and energy storage systems for industrial mobility, leisure mobility, and ESS applications. These products are manufactured and assembled in Sunlight’s state-of-the-art facilities in Greece, Italy, and the USA, and distributed to more than 115 countries.
Driven by our commitment to inspire our people and unlock their potential, we have created an agile and innovative environment that promotes open communication and collaboration, while offering continuous learning and development opportunities to the 1,700+ people we employ across the organization.
Keen to further empower our team by onboarding more talent, we're looking to hire an Assembly Operator.
He/she will work under immediate supervision to assemble, bolt, and fasten battery parts with the use of hands, tweezers, or tongs. Duties will include feeding machines; material handling utilizing forklifts, clamp trucks, pallet jacks etc.
The ideal candidate must have a record of dependability and outstanding job attendance. This is a plant where new automation is being installed and we are looking for people who will start in entry level positions but are interested in growing into higher level opportunities as we expand. Must be able to work well with people, have a willingness to learn new skills and programs, be able to focus on safety and efficiency.
Key activities and responsibilities of this role includes:
- Assembling cells and other components in a steel container to make a complete storage battery; inserts the cells into the container according to prescribed polarity arrangement.
- Installing covers on cells and may invert special-type cover onto jig, position cells in cover, ladle molten lead into cover to form posts and connectors and fuse parts to cells, pour plastic seal into grooves, and press container into cover to assemble battery.
- Performing general machine operator functions to include operating semi-automatic equipment.
- Performing to machine standard run rates while minimizing scrap and waste.
- Performing and complete accurate and timely quality check sheets as defined on machine checklist and understand noncompliant product holds and make corrective actions as needed.
- Looking for ways and suggests improvements in work and line efficiency in job, process, and machine.
- Complying with safety policies, participates in the plant's safety program and is proactive with safety concerns.
- Qualified applicants must be a U.S. Citizen or a Legal Permanent Resident card holder. Sponsorship is not available for this position
- Must have a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years of working experience in manufacturing or similar industry
- You must have a record of dependability and outstanding job attendance
- Ability to read, monitor and operate complex testing equipment.
- Familiar with using Lockout/Tagout procedures.
- Experience working with DC Electrical charging systems.
- Experience working with compressed air systems.
- Basic computer skills
- Basic math, reading and writing skills.
- Able to work an 8-hour shift, 5 days a week; shift from 7:30 AM to 4:00 PM
- Availability to work overtime and weekends as needed.
- Ability to come in early or stay late depending on production demands.
- Must be able to wear required PPE if/when required
- Must be able to pass a background screening and drug test successfully
- Ability to solve practical problems and carry out responsibilities under minimal supervision
- Ability to function as an effective team member
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management
- Proficient in English
- Must be able to lift, push or pull up to 50 pounds occasionally
- Ability to stand/walk for extended periods of time
- Ability to physically bend, twist and kneel in a safe and efficient manner
- Ability to learn and adapt in a fast-paced work environment
- Able to change direction frequently
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment is a plus
- Experience with small tools, pallet jack, forklifts, reach trucks or other material handling equipment
- Familiar with SAP ERP Software
- Previous experience with handling and shipment of Hazardous Materials
What we offer:
To start with, we give you the opportunity to thrive in a restless team and grow your potential in an innovative environment. As per your compensation and rewards package, this is a preview:
- Company provided Steel Toe boots and PPE
- Competitive Wages
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Time
- Medical and Dental Benefits
- Life and Disability Benefits
- 401k plan
Despite your experience and skills, you never stop learning, cultivating an out-of-the-box thinking, a growth and entrepreneurial mindset, embracing ownership and agility. You are impact-focused, proactive and open to change.
Sunlight Batteries USA, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.